Legal Advice And Advocacy On Non-Parental Custody

At the law firm of Beaty Hatch PC, we help grandparents, stepparents and other relatives with non-parental custody issues. With more than 35 years of experience, we offer skilled representation and guidance to family members seeking custody of a minor. We will work with you to help you understand your custody and visitation options and provide knowledgeable advocacy throughout your case.

The process for obtaining custody is complex. We can help you navigate the system. To learn more about non-parental custody and how we can help you, call our Vancouver non-parental custody attorneys toll free at 866-678-1372.

Seeking Custody As A Grandparent Or Non-Parent

A non-parent, such as a grandparent or other relative, has the right to seek custody if a child is not living with one of his or her parents or if neither of the parents is a suitable custodian for the child. This could include situations where:

  • The child already lives with a non-parent.
  • The parents abuse or molest the child.
  • The parents have substance or alcohol abuse issues.
  • Living with the parents creates an unstable environment for the child.

If you believe that the parents are not suitable custodians, we can guide you through the custody process and work with you to seek custody.

In cases of abuse, either sexual or physical in nature, it is important for you to contact the authorities immediately to protect the child. In these cases, our lawyers can help you pursue a temporary restraining order or a preliminary injunction while we work to secure custody.

Child Support Issues

If you gain custody of your grandchild or stepchild, you may be entitled to child support. We can help you understand the child support guidelines in Washington and how they might impact your case.

Contact A Clark County Attorney To Learn More About Non-Parental Custody

Our family law attorneys help grandparents and other non-parents with custody, visitation and child support issues. Contact our office today for a same-day consultation. You can reach us toll free at 360-450-0993, toll free at 866-678-1372 or by contacting us online.