Effective Advocacy In A Legal Separation

The lawyers at Beaty Hatch PC, have extensive family law experience and can assist you with your legal separation case during what may be a stressful and emotional period of your life. We focus on division of assets and debts, child support and child custody, Washington parenting plans, visitation rights and spousal maintenance.

Why Get A Legal Separation Instead Of A Divorce?

A first step that spouses may take toward divorce is a legal separation. To have enforceable separation terms, you will need a legal contract or decree. You and your spouse may use the separation period to attempt to reconcile the marriage while living separately or as a preliminary step toward a full divorce if reconciliation does not occur.

Some couples opt for a legal separation instead of a divorce for religious reasons. Others need to preserve health care coverage from one spouse's employment benefits for an ailing spouse.

If you are considering obtaining a legal separation or filing for divorce in the state of Washington, our lawyers are well-prepared to can help with your case. We can advise you on ways to resolve child support, child custody and visitation rights, spousal maintenance (if any), and property division.

What Are The Next Steps In Your Case? Mediation May Help You Find Answers You Need.

Family law mediation can help you reach a workable agreement for legal separation, as well as for divorce. The divorce mediation process involves you, your spouse, and your legal representatives or mediator working together to come to a settlement that you can both agree on. The mediation process ensures that all opinions and concerns are represented and considered in a calm and appropriate manner.

A Parenting Plan To Include Child Custody And Visitation

In the state of Washington, parents involved in a divorce are required to present the court with a parenting plan that details custody and visitation rights concerning any children involved in the divorce. These issues, as well as child support, may also apply in a legal separation. We aim to protect the best interests of you and your children in constructing a parenting plan that works.

To further discuss your individual circumstances concerning your family law matter with an attorney in the Vancouver area, please call the firm of Beaty Hatch PC at 360-450-0993 or 866-678-1372. Or, if you prefer, fill out our web form for a quick response.