Beaty Hatch PC
Call Today for a Consultation
Local: 360-450-0993
Contact Us Now
A Full-Service Law Firm On Your Side
  • Romanian
  • Russian
  • Spanish

May 2018 Archives

Modifying an order for child support in Washington

In any divorce involving minor children, financial support for the children is likely to be one of the most contentious issues. If the spouses cannot agree on the amount and frequency of child support payments, the judge will issue an order resolving the dispute. While an initial order may work out for a while, sometimes a person's life circumstances change. So, what happens when one or both parties in Washington want to modify an existing child support order?

What is a small business bankruptcy?

Many small business owners in Vancouver understand how seeking protection from creditors in bankruptcy court can be beneficial, but many of these owners are deterred from filing a Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition by their fears about the cost of the process. Fortunately, the United States Bankruptcy Code contains several provisions aimed to assist these businesses by creating what is called the small business case in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Causal factors of divorce in marriages lasting 20 years or more

You've likely heard all the sayings about how time flies and that you should enjoy time with your kids while they're young because they will be grown and on their own in what seems like the blink of an eye. Being married 20 years or more, raising kids, and perhaps, already having a few grandkids to enjoy may illustrate how many years have actually passed between the day you said, "I do," and the day you filed your divorce papers.  

The maze of bankruptcy exemptions

Many residents of Vancouver who decide to seek protection under the federal Bankruptcy Act do not realize that they can designate certain assets as "exempt" from seizure. The problem for most people is choosing between the exemptions provided under Washington state law and the Bankruptcy Act. Both lists are exclusive, that is, a debtor cannot pick some state exemptions and then choose other federal exemptions.

Dividing property in a Washington divorce

When a couple decides to end their marriage, one of the critical questions they face is how to divide their property. Washington is one of the few remaining states that classify property as either community property or separate property. Understanding the definitions of both kinds of property and the effect of the state's community property law may require the assistance of a knowledgeable family law attorney.

High school golf team injured in chain-reaction crash

Car accidents happen in many different circumstances. Some even occur when the vehicle is not moving. A recent chain reaction car accident that involved several stationary vehicles was initiated by a single driver in Wahkiakum County. Several people were injured in the accident, with at least one person suffering serious injuries.

  • Washington state bar association
  • Oregon State Bar
  • OTLA | Oregon trial lawyers association | In the service of Justice
  • Washington State Association Justice
  • Clark County Bar Association

Contact us right now to protect your legal rights

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Beaty Hatch PC
1112 Daniels Street, Suite 200
Vancouver, WA 98660

Toll Free: 866-678-1372
Phone: 360-450-0993
Fax: 360-694-1758
Vancouver Law Office Map